Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Into the Sun


Into the Sun:

 

It’s been dark for too long

And I was beginning to get a chill;

I was running for cover

And It felt like it was all uphill.

My lungs were screaming for air

And my mind had grown numb

How do you have a head full of knowledge

And still feel so damn dumb?

I’ve opened up a lot of doors

And fallen through the cracks

I’ve stepped boldly through others and never

Found my way back.

Back to the used to be’s and the once uponatimes

Or to the way I once was;

Embracing what’s new now, inhaling this life and

Just riding the buzz.

It’s been dark for too long

But I think I felt I felt some heat

My spirit slowly moves forward

and this time there will be no retreat.

 

©2013.NOVEMBERGOLD.All Rights Reserved. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment