Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dumbing Down

It's a harsh way to put it, but it describes the idea very well....we live in a world that will easily dumb us down if we let it. We find ourselves with people and in situations that don't fit, just so that we have a place...
I'm not calling anyone else "dumb" persay, I am calling what I have been doing dumb though, and sometimes it takes someone outside of it to put it all in perspective.

I've spent time and energy lately on people who aren't, or shouldn't be, part of the bigger picture in my minds eye; people who, although they are good folks, have nothing more to offer me than drama and complacency. I feel like I've lost the connections I have relied on with some over the years, the ones that have fed my thirst for knowledge and inner understanding and replaced them with easy choices that didn't require me to stretch too far; then suddenly you wake up feeling disenchanted, knowing that you did it all to yourself by the company and the choices.

I won't apologize for closing doors and cleaning up my "house" because I understand and recognize that it's necessary in order for me to recieve the real blessings that are for me. I've allowed life to get cluttered and messy and it's never been required, I just got lazy and caught up in my own lonliness and boredom.

I woke up again today, by the Grace of God/Goddess...I have to honor that by pulling up my big girl panties and getting back to the business of creating and being that which I know I was meant for.

Have a very Blessed Tuesday



No comments:

Post a Comment