Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Coming Out


Coming Out:

 


I hid your face for reasons I cannot explain

Perhaps because anonymity felt safer

Than exposing that it was indeed all of my pain.

I hid your face to protect your heart

Not knowing that hiding you

Was just another sick part

Of the games that they force us to play

The judgments and the hatred

That they whisper but refuse to say

To our face that they cannot look at

For fear of being blinded by the truth.

Here we are bold and bright

And no longer imprisoned by the

World and its daggers

Defining our own borders

Not asking, but telling, it’s our right.

We don’t need your advice or your

Worn out opinion;

We don’t want to hear your voice anymore

Not part of your minion.

We’ll write what we want without a second guess

Be careful of the part you play

This ain’t checkers; it’s a full blown game of chess;

Taking no prisoners, our words will convey

The ugly stains you all left

And a chalk line where you lay.

Done with the sugar and the rhymes so sweet

Trust me when I tell you,

No more secrets will she keep.

Try her if you can

I’m letting her out of the cage

I’ll pray for your protection

As her words start to spray

Truth and reality; a holy resurrection

It’s time for your medicine

Are you ready for the injection?

©2013.NOVEMBERGOLD.All Rights Reserved. 
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment