Friday, March 8, 2013

Star Quality- A Mother's Love

A mother's love is like no other, deep and true, lasting and enduring...

Our children will break our hearts, there is just no way around it; they will bring us to our knee's even, but yet our love for them endures.
I have two Star quality children, who really aren't children anymore, they are full fledged adults navigating their way through this crazy world we live in.
My son is married and beginning down a path that revolves around his wife and their home and future; my beautiful taurus child is in college learning to be an EMT. I realized the grandness of that last night as I was looking at a picture of her on facebook from class yesterday while they were practicing ambulance drills. She is amazing and strong and so full of life!

It's lovely to be witness to her growth as a young woman in this world, although I admit that sometimes her fearlessness and her adventurous spirit give me reason to shudder here and there. She is so much more than I was at 19 (soon to be 20, she would want me to make sure I added that ), she is so much braver and so much bolder than I was, and for those things I am grateful everyday. She is a young woman I respect and admire in a million ways, not just because I am her Mom and I am proud of her, but because she inspires me to be brave in my own life and I don't even think she knows that.

It's that dreaded time of day when I have to make my way into the corporate world and earn my keep, so have a great day folks and hug your kids today!

No comments:

Post a Comment